Saturday, November 9, 2013

Country/Farmhouse/Rustic Chic {Inspiration}

My husband and I love to watch HGTV. The thrill to watch ripping out carpets and tearing down walls and of course the big final reveals with fabulous design never gets old. Often I ask him what he does and doesn't like about the space and it's always a happy moment when we both see something we agreeably love. And I make mental notes. I "pin" stuff or tear out magazine pictures and ask if he likes it, keeping the ones we both like. A couple weeks ago I made him sit down with me and look at a Pottery Barn catalogue and tell me which pictures he liked, which ones he could see us living in. (So nice of him to play along.) His love for Pottery Barn is....nonexistent. And we all know how I feel about it :)
We like woodbeams, stone fireplaces, earth tones and neutrals, coziness, small spaces, white kitchen cabinets....
So last week as I was reading one of my favorite blogs, the author used a term that clicked with me and I finally found a way to describe our "style", or what we WISH our decorating style was :)  I'm calling it country/farmhouse/rustic CHIC. Here are some pretty pictures we've collected. You should be able to click on each picture to go to the source. I hope you enjoy looking at them!




entry table


Country Living Room

me & m both like this kitchen - light, clean










hutch: painted white, wood shelves, beadboard wallpaper backing, antique bronze hardware (and espresso dining table).




Dream kitchen


Pretty vignette/ entry table display.

Just crates. You can buy them at Joann's for $9 and stain or paint.


Kitchen: framed vintage family recipes with weathered frames from hob lob


pottery barn french country dining table | Visit potterybarn.com

master bedroom with reclaimed wood ceiling & chandelier



country chic. Love the little white table with black cup pull hardware. Paint and distress mine???


More wood beams and white walls.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!