Friday, September 19, 2014

The Friday Four Roundup #10 {Fall Home Decor and Waffle Cookie Recipe}

1. I finally got out the fall decorations! Mostly because my kids kept asking me when we were going to decorate. Here is a sneak peak of an arrangement I made for the front porch:



2. When I had the waffle iron out after I made waffles this week, I decided to get the most use out of it before I put it away and made one of my childhood favorite cookies. Have you ever made cookies with a waffle iron? The kids think it's super fun!

Chocolate Waffle Cookies
1 c. sugar, 1/2 c. margarine, 2 eggs, 2 c. flour, 1/2 c. cocoa, 1/2 c. milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp baking powder. Cream together sugar, margarine and eggs then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto hot waffle iron. Close and bake 1-2 min. Cool completely then frost with icing. (I put about 3 in each square). Makes 3 - 3 1/2 dozen.
Peppermint Icing
1/3 c. margarine softened, 1 1 /2 c. powdered sugar, 1 TB milk, 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract. Mix together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.





There were some fall home tours this week. It's always interesting to see inside other people's homes and how they decorate and their different styles.

3. To see the Finding Fall home tours click HERE.

4. To see the Eclectically Fall home tours click HERE.

Happy Weekend! ~ Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!