Friday, September 26, 2014

The Friday Four Roundup #11 {Product Review and a Pinterest Fail}

I you haven't already, make sure to check out my Early Fall tour {here}. I say early because in a few weeks we will need to add some Halloween decor, and then my favorite, Thanksgiving!

1. Speaking of fall, not only did I add some touches to my house, I also found some super cure fall wallpaper for my "electronic devices." I just searched "fall wallpaper for iphone" on pinterest. When you see something you like on your phone you can just touch it and some options will come up and click "save image" which will go straight to your photo album on your phone. Then go to settings and update your wallpaper. Note: I could not save the image in my pinterest app, only if I went on pinterest through safari.



2. After doing a ton of research online and on the Ulta website, I discovered this Loreal true match mineral powder foundation got really great reviews. I decided to give it a try especially since I found that it was cheaper in my shade at Target.com than it was anywhere else, even Walmart. I LOVE it. I have tried BareMinerals for several years and also Loreal true match liquid foundation and this is very comparable to BareMinerals, if not better, and at less than half the price! I do need to use translucent powder to control shine over it, but it really gives a natural look and it so easy to use. (I am not paid to say any of this! All opinions in this post are my own!)


3. PINNED AND TRIED: homemade dry shampoo. After I ran out of my Suave dry shampoo, I decided to try this all natural recipe I found online by simply mixing equal parts baking soda and cornstarch. I found this shaker that was exactly like the one the original blogger used for like a buck. Umm, I don't know if it's just me, but it comes out way too much at a time, and pretty much made me look like I was trying to wear a powder wig. I only did it in a few spots that needed it. I rubbed it in like crazy and finally threw it in a ponytail to cover it because I was in a hurry. By the end of the day, the spots were really itchy and there was major powder under my fingernails from scratching. (gross). So I would say this is a Pinterest Fail. (!) Then I went and bought my beloved Suave dry shampoo. Definitely worth the three and a half bucks!


4. Lastly... "YOU'VE got mail. Those are very powerful words." (Name that movie) My awesome Sis in law Karen was so sweet to send me this mag after I told her I was wanting to read it but couldn't find it anywhere in my very small, very rural town. It really brightened my day. Now, go take a few minutes and go mail someone some love. You'll both be glad you did. And that's all for today's public service announcement.


I hope you have a great weekend! ~ Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!